Field Trips & Groups with McClain
30 or more paying participants:
$12.15 (before tax) per participant with feed included for the wagon tour.
McClain offers educational field trips for groups of all ages! Each field trip includes a Safari wagon tour where our knowledgeable staff will provide educational information about the various species that you will encounter. Guest will be able to get within touching distance of some of our safari animals while getting to feed others! This tour can take anywhere from 45 minutes to an hour, please plan accordingly. Each tour concludes with a visit to our Petting Zoo which includes barnyard animals as well as Exotics. Eating space is offered if you decide to bring sack lunches.
Field Trips are offered any day starting at 9am and are required to have a minimum of 30 paying participants.
We are firm believers in education and educators here at McClain.
For our school field trips, we offer the following Rate:
K3-K5 Teachers: For every 10 students, 1 Teacher Pass is included at no additional cost
1st Grade and above Teachers: For every 20 students, 1 Teacher Pass is included at no additional cost.
Additional Teachers: $12.15
Feed for wagon tour included in admission price.
Due to limited seating on our Safari Tours, we ask that Chaperones please book with the group/school for the field trip. Chaperones that do not book with the group/school school may not be able to accompany their group as seating is limited on our tours.
****In order for your school to be considered tax exempt we must have a tax exempt letter upon check in the day of your field trip. If we do not have this letter your school will not receive tax exempt status.****
To Book your Field Trip or Group with McClain
1. Submit your Event Request. Please note that submission of the event request form does not mean that your tour is booked
2. Upon receipt of the event request form, a member of our guest relations team will reach out to you to confirm details and dates.
3. Our field trips are booked on a first come, first serve basis. Once a member of Guest Relations has reached out to you and confirmed your information, our booking system will generate an invoice to the group leader with an estimated total cost. Please note that this invoice is an estimate only. If your group has tax-exempt status, a tax-exempt letter must be sent to the member that reached out to you, or brought upon arrival for tax- exempt to be applied. The final balance is due the day of your safari tour, unless you are approved for a purchase order. If you are approved for a purchase order, it will need to be turned in upon arrival. Payment for purchase order is expected no later than one month from your trip date.
4. We ask that you reach out to Guest Relations one week before your planned event to confirm your final attendance count and to finalize all details.
5. Please print waiver from our website and date with day attending field trip. Parents will need to sign a waiver for child to attend. Waivers will need to be turned into Safari Building upon arrival.
****Please note that McClain Safari Tours are conducted outdoors and are subject to weather. If your Safari Tour is cancelled due to weather, we will work with you to reschedule for a later date. Should you have to cancel your tour for any other reason please call us 24 hours before your booking.